• The most energy efficient window ever.
• Innovative, patent pending, fusion insulated technology called AirCell.
• When assembled with high-performance triple pane window,
EnergyCore exceeds Energy Star requirements by 50%.
EnergyCore® window frame is 6x better than fiberglass, 4x
better than rigid PVC and 3x better than wood.
AirCell™ Maximizes Savings
• Outperforms solid, hollow, and insulation-filled frames.
• Reduces heat loss transfer through thermally conductive materials.
• Tri-extrusion manufacturing process ensures that window frames
are fully insulated without internal voids.
• Window corners are fully weldable for strength and weather-tight performance.
• The energy performance of a window is measured in several ways.
• K-Value measures thermal conductivity, or rather how much energy an insulating material loses.
In frames, a lower K-Value is better, because it means that the material reduces heat loss better.
• R-Value is a measurement of thermal efficiency and how well a material blocks the transference of energy.
Higher R-Values mean better insulating ability.
EnergyCore® EnergyCore window
The frame of the window not only surrounds the glass, but provides structural integrity for the
window. The frame significantly impacts the energy efficiency of the window. The ThermaCel window
frame is the most energy efficient frame in the industry.
• When combined with the best glass and spacer system
– Improve window U-values (by up to 0.20Btu/hr/ft2/F)
– Save almost 8,000 of CO2 production.
– Save $1,000/yr. in energy costs for average home
• EnergyCore profiles are 100% recyclable.
• EnergyCore technology offers a direct benefit to the environment by promoting vinyl recycling in order to reduce
Cardinal's LoE 366 glass
The glass itself is the next component in any window. The ThermaCel window system by
Billy Ellis features the most expensive glass produced for windows: Cardinal's LoE 366 glass. Why
do we use this? LoE 366 represents a new standard in ultimate performance glass. It is the ideal
balance of solar control and high visibility. How? An unprecedented triple layer of silver.
Cardinal is the largest buyer of silver in the world, and the application process unique to Cardinal ensures
perfect application of the silver, while maintaining unmatched clarity through the glass.
The true beauty of LoE 366 from Cardinal is that it blocks the two biggest sources of damage from light: UV rays
(blocked 95%), which are the leading cause of fading to furniture, carpets, and curtains, and near-infrared (or
nir) rays. The ThermaCel Window System by Billy Ellis maintains an inside glass temperature of 61° when the
temperature is 20°, and 52° when the temperature drops all the way to 20 below!
The gas that fills the space between the windows is the final component. There are two gases
used in windows: Argon and Krypton. Argon is approximately 5 times heavier than air. Krypton is
more than twice the weight of Argon, and substantially more expensive (more than 100 times the
price of Argon).
The gas that fills the space between the windows is the final component. There are two gases used in windows:
Argon and Krypton.
Argon is approximately 5 times heavier than air. Krypton is more than twice the weight of Argon, and substantially
more expensive (more than 100 times the price of Argon). The heavier the gas, the better the insulating value of
Although many manufacturers use the same gases, the most important aspects to the gas between the glass are: 1) how
much gas is in there? And 2) how do I know there is gas in there at all?
The first question is important, because more gas equals more insulation and better
energy performance. Gas fill may be as low as 65% in some windows. For a window to be certified, the window
must achieve greater than 90% fill and lose less than 1% of the gas per year. Our window system achieves 94%+
fill rates, and retain their gas, due to the duralite spacer being impermeable to gas and water vapor. This
means the water stays out, and the gas stays in.
Billy Ellis Industrial Sealant
The Billy Ellis Structural Industrial Sealant (BE SIS) is the same formula that is used in the
building of skyscrapers all around the country.
BE SIS is the best sealant on the market for window, door, siding and other installations (interior
FACT: Windows & Doors are responsible for up to 30% or more of energy waste in the
FACT: If your home was built before 1997, the appliances, insulation, and air conditioning
systems likely do not meet today’s Energy Star requirements. The result? It will cost more money for these systems
to overcome energy loss through windows and doors.
FACT: People spend thousands of dollars upgrading appliances, air conditioning systems, and
windows, on radiant barriers, insulation systems, roofing systems, and costly construction without addressing the
most basic and inexpensive means by which to conserve energy. These technologies primarily deal with managing the
elements once they’ve already entered your home. Keep the elements outside, where they belong, with the Billy Ellis